Nosara is a town in Costa Rica which is well known for its attractive beach. With the population of 5800 people, this village is known for its fishing and agricultural areas. Although it is a tourist place but it lacks in any kind of development that should be seen in a sea side area. There are five major oceanfront localities that are named after their beaches –
- Playa Pelada
- Playa Nosara
- Playa Garza
- Playa Guiones
- Playa Ostional
Out of all of them Nosara and Guiones is known for yoga and surfing as they have the most unswerving waves. Guiones and Pelada have many hotels and restaurants and majorly foreign tourists reside in these two destinations. Now with time, Nosara is the major tourist spot because of the surfing activity. Economically, it is the growing locality till date.
Since Nosara has become the biggest tourist destination and it is also known for yoga and surfing therefore, all foreign tourists prefer staying near Nosara beach. One such resort that is close to nature is Bodhi Del Mar, which is fusion of Del Mar surf camp and Bodhi Tree yoga resort. The surrounding of this resort is close to nature to make you feel that this resort is situated here for years within the jungle. With well-trained instructors in the resort, your surfing talent can reach the sky.
Not everyone knows exactly what they’re supposed to do in Nosara except for surfing and yoga. So, today we will take you for a tour –
- Take a road tour on a safari to explore the wildlife, beaches and mountains, on wheels. There are various options of tour which you can explore one by one, but road tour is the best as it gives you an experience of unpaved routes.
- Canopy tours is a popular activity that makes you fly within the trees to a long distance giving you the opportunity to view wildlife, rivers, waterfalls and ocean from the sky.
- You can explore the mangroves on Nosara standing water on paddle board. This way you will get view of feeding fish, amazing wildlife that is walking on the water.
- Go for a kayak tour in deep jungles to explore rivers and wildlife in it. It can be a great exercise and 3 to 4 hours of tour.
- You can experience the trend of arribada where thousands of eggs hatch every day and baby turtles are seen all over the shore moving towards water to explore their life in it. This view is taken on Playa Ostional during the peak season from July till December.
- You can visit the Biological Reserve of Nosara where you can spot, wildcats, monkeys, armadillos, deer, coatis and different species of birds.
- Too much of activity, now it’s time to satisfy your hunger, so visit any restaurant that provides traditional food of Costa Rica. it doesn’t need to be an expensive restaurant, but you can also explore an average looking small restaurant which would be the best option as they will make you feel part of the village.
Try practicing yoga and learn surf lessons. Even after your vacation, you will still be hungry to explore more.